there's no place like home

 Well, I'm back home in Malaysia now. 

I'm at my in-laws' up at the east coast as I'm typing this, sitting at the front porch watching my husband folding something he found at the garage. It's such a blissful feeling at the moment, since I can't even remember the last time I did something as simple as sitting at the front porch in the safe comfort of my own home (well, second home in this case). Amin and I miss our lives back at Liverpool so terribly sometimes but at the end of the day we both agree that this, sitting at the front porch at 6pm in the safe comfort of our home, is better. Way, way better. 

There's no place like home, I guess. 

I haven't been here in a long time and the last time I was here, I wasn't here for a very long time also so I'm still adjusting and adapting. It seems to me that this year is all about it you know - adjusting and adapting. So much personal changes this year. Like, a lot. It has not been a smooth journey all the time but wow so much learning. I feel like I have done so much growing up in these past 8 months than I have ever done in the years before. And I survive so far, which is a big thing for me. 

More things to look forward to, insha Allah. I hope. Life hasn't always been easy, but I pray we are all able to stay hopeful. 

Comments