first anniversary

 Amin and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary this week. 

Time sure flies very fast. In my mind I still think that I haven't been married very long because I still feel like a kid deep inside. Married people are supposed to be an adult right? I don't feel like one though. Well, maybe not all the time. 

So, first anniversary. 

We had a simple dinner, just the two of us. I have been wanting to try out a lasagna at this place we went before so we went there again so that I can order the lasagna. They turned out to be not good lol. But Amin enjoyed his meal. And afterwards we took a stroll at the city which was really nice because I haven't walked in a while. Talked about town planning and architecture and how the city was used to be so busy pre-covid but it's almost dead now. I know, boring stuff. That's what one year has done to you hahaha. 

But one year can do a lot of things other than just talking about boring stuff. Life's very different now, if you ask me. A year ago when I chose to get married, I also chose a new life and a new path and a new future. Back then they weren't clear. They still aren't actually, but at times when nothing seems clear or feels clear, faith is a wonderful thing as I found out. And it got me here, in a very different life. It's not all rainbows and butterflies but I'm still here now. Still alive. Still surviving. Which is good enough for me. 

One year full of adventures and learning and experiences. Won't trade it for anything else. 


Comments