month 3: mundane-ness of things

 My best friend asked how I've been doing yesterday, and I replied I am enjoying the mundane-ness of things for now - which can be an unfortunate or a luxurious thing for someone depending on how you see it from your eyes. I feel it's a little bit of both and of course there's nothing wrong with that. Such is the nature of life. For things are always in pairs and always come together and you just have to learn how to live with it. 

It's my month 3 of isolation away from home . I have come to love the life of a housewife though months before I couldn't even picture myself enthusiatically living it. Back then I kept thinking about the things that I would lose or give up once I venture into this life - the many things that I thought I wouldn't be able to live without and most importantly, the things that I thought made up who I am as a person. A certain career, a certain lifestyle, a certain friendship, a certain relationship etc. Now that I let most of them go, I am sort of forced to rethink about what matters again. To be honest, I still haven't fully figure out what those things are/would be. To be honest again, I thought I would know by now. But as the days go by and the older I get, the more I realise that I have lesser control in things and life. And things don't always happen the way you want them to happen. 

I think for now, I would just continue to enjoy this mundane-ness of life. I would just continue to find ways to learn and grow in the midst of it all. 

Comments